Item Index Information
Sir Bombalot. A variant of chess with pieces offering a myriad of different options at any given time.
Sir Bombalot is a variant of chess with pieces offering a myriad of different options at any given time. There are seven different pieces that do everything from jump multiple pieces to freezing those of your opponent's. When any of these pieces are used in combination they can drastically change the terrain of the board, altering both yours and your opponent's strategies in a moment's notice.
Sir Bombalot is a fun, exciting, and challenging game. You can learn on your own against the computer, play your friends on a local network or across the Internet, or meet and play others on our own online world.
Based upon a game invented by Bruce Harper and Duncan Suttles in the 1960's, this game becomes more of a strategic, fast paced battle than chess. Each piece can do so many things that the possibility far outweighs its predecessor.
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter S.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Si.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Sir.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Bombalot. Bombs can wipe out most pieces on the board. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Bruce Harper.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Bombalot' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Bombalot'