Item Index Information
Raumschach is a game information page. It is categorized as: Three dimensional.
Raumschach. The classical variant of three-dimensional chess: 5 by 5 by 5. (5x5x5, Cells: 125) (Recognized!)
Author: Bruce Balden and Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
One of the first three dimensional variants of chess was Raumschach. This variant of chess was popular in the first half of the 20th century, in particular in Germany and Great Brittain. The game also has been an inspiration for designers of fairy chess problems. Raumschach is a nice, playable three dimensional chess variant. <b>Recognized Variant of the Month for September 2001.</b>
The board used for this game has 5 row(s), 5 column(s), 5 levels/boards, 125 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 1907. [1906-1908]. [1902-1912].
- Browse items that also start with the letter R.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ra.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Rau.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Raumschach: the Thoroddsen board. Build your own 3d chessboard. Author: Arni Thoroddsen.
- Raumschach. "... (German for Space Chess) is one of the first three-dimensional chess variants and the first to survive until present". Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
- Raumschach (rules enforcing). Play Raumschach on Game Courier, with rules enforced. Author: Ben M Reiniger. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
- Raumschach - picture from the book. Pictures from book on Raumschach from beginning 20th century. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
- Raumschach Photograph. Photo of a hand-built set by James Trimm. Author: James Trimm.
- Raumschach . The classical variant of three-dimensional chess: 5 by 5 by 5. Author: Robert Price. Inventor: Dr. Ferdinand Maack.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Raumschach' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Raumschach'