Item Index Information
Presiding Chess. Decimal variant with added leaping pieces.
By Tucker Kao.
Board Size: 10 X 10 squares
Piece Sets: 8 Pawns, 2 Kangaroos, 2 Knights, 2 Bishops, 2 Zebras, 2 Frogs, 1 Cardinal, 1 Chancellor, 2 Camels, 2 Vaos, 2 Paos, 2 Rooks, 1 Queen, 1 King and 0 Amazon (only available with pawn promotion).
Pawns: move the same way as in the normal chess, Initial 2-steps, En-Passants are allowed, pawns promote on the opposite buttom rank.
King: moves the same way as in the normal chess except step 3 squares towards the Rook during the castling.
Kangaroos: step 1 square along the row or column or leap 3 squares on a diagonal.
Zebras: move 2 squares one way and 3 squares the other.
Frogs: step 1 square on a diagonal or leap 3 squares along the row or column.
Cardinal: Bishop + Knight.
Chancellor: Rook + Knight.
Camels: move 3 squares one way and one the other.
Vaos: slide on diagonal, capture by jumping.
Paos: slide on row or column, captures by jumping.
Amazon: Queen + Knight, only available when the pawn promotes. Bishops, Knights, Rooks and Queen are the same as in the normal chess.
- Browse items that also start with the letter P.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Pr.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Pre.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Presiding Chess. Decimal Variant combining a number of exotic pieces. Author: Jeremy Gabriel Good. Inventor: Tucker Kao.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'PresidingChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'PresidingChess'