Item Index Information
Magnetic Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
In an issue of Variant Chess in 1999, David Pritchard called Magnetic Chess the chess variant of the decade. Later, he took the title and give it to Hostage Chess. John McCallion in his column in the NOST-bulletin then had readers vote between these variants - the one vote he received went to Magnetic Chess, making this NOST's Chess Variant of the decade (1990 - 1999). Pritchard also mentioned the game in his book Popular Chess Variants, that appeared early 2000. Given all this interest in this interesting and challenging chess variant, this invention of Joao Pedro Neto is probably the first chess variant whose first publication was on the Chess Variants Pages and that found such a wide recognition.
- Browse items that also start with the letter M.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ma.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Mag.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Magneticpawns Chess. Introducing the magnetic pawn, which can dislocate an enemy piece by magnetic force. Regular board and pieces (zrf available). By M Winther.
- Magnetic Chess. Moved unit attracts and repels. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: João Pedro Neto.
- Magnetic Chess: 4 sample games. Missing description Author: Jim Aikin. Inventor: João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
- Magnetic Chess . Pieces that moved attract and repel pieces like magnets. Author: João Pedro Neto and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'MagneticChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'ChessAndPhysics' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
- Chess And Physics. Taken pieces leave energy on the board that can be transformed into `mass': pieces. Author: João Pedro Neto. Inventor: João Pedro Neto and Claude Chaunier.
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'MagneticChess'