Item Index Information
Los Alamos variant is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
There are several chess variants that differ from orthodox chess mostly by a smaller board and less pieces, but otherwise follow about all of the rules of chess. Los Alamos chess was not the first in this category, but it takes its own special place in the history of chess: it was the first game in the chess-family that was played by a computer - even earlier than the royal game itself. <b>Recognized Variant of the Month for June 2002.</b>
- Browse items that also start with the letter L.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Lo.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Los.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Los Alamos Chess. Used for the first computer chess program. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Pixelpusher: Los Alamos chess. Weak playing Java applet for Los Alamos chess.
- Los Alamos Chess. First known variant played by a computer. (Recognized!) Author: Jason Shields.
- Los Alamos Chess . Chess on a 6x6 board. Author: David Howe.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'LosAlamosChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'LosAlamosChess'