Item Index Information
Geodesic Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Unorthodox shaped board, Board with hexagonal shaped cells, In a category all its own. This item is located on a site outside of chessvariants.org.
Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added.
By Jack V. Cheiky.
Geodesic Chess is played on a GeoBoard: a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons. GeoBoards can map a sphere in as few as 32 spaces or in hundreds, thousands, and even millions of spaces. Most games played on a grid or a map can be adapted to the GeoBoard. GeoChess Basic is played between two players on a #9 GeoBoard consisting of 272 spaces.
The board used for this game has 272 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 2004. [2003-2005]. [1999-2009].
- Browse items that also start with the letter G.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ge.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Geo.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Geodesic Chess. Variation of hexagonal chess on a geodesic sphere with a few new pieces added. (Cells: 279) By Jack V. Cheiky.
- Geodesic Chess. Played on a spherical grid of hexagons and pentagons. Author: Larry L. Smith. Inventor: Jack V. Cheiky.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'geodesic' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'geodesic'