Item Index Information
Grand Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
Many people have invented large chess variants, and many of these have besides the orthodox chess pieces the other combination pieces: a piece that moves like bishop and knight, a piece that moves like knight and rook, or a piece that moves like queen and knight. One of the most succesful games in this category is Grand Chess, invented by Dutch game inventor Christian Freeling. Malcolm Horne praised the game for its lively play, and many others have found the game very interesting. Two world championships were already held (conducted by email play); the first was won by author R. Wayne Schmittberger. The game has been featured in several chess variant books and journal articles. <b>Recognized Variant of the Month for May 2002.</b>
- Browse items that also start with the letter G.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Gr.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Gra.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Comments on Grand Chess. Notes on Grand Chess and a variant. (10x10, Cells: 100)
- Grand Chess. Considered among the best of the large-board setups. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Grand Chess. Play Grand Chess with Jocly. Author: Fergus Duniho and The Jocly Team. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Chess. Decimal variant with Cardinals and Marshalls. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Chess Set. Photographs of a commercially available Grand Chess set. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Chess . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Chess . Download this file to see this game played in the Multivariant Play by E-Mail Tournament. Author: Tony Quintanilla and Michael Nelson. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
- Grand Chess . Download this Zillions Saved Game file to see this game played in the Multivariant Play by E-Mail Tournament. Author: John Lawson and Peter Aronson. Inventor: Christian Freeling.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'GrandChess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'GrandChess'