Item Index Information
Dragoon Chess. An attempt to make Chess more strategic by making pieces more mobile.
By NotCricket .
Dragoon Chess takes its name from a type of mounted infantry. Dragoons rode horses to the battle site, then usually dismounted and fought on foot, giving them the strategic mobility of cavalry with the defensive strength of infantry. Dragoon Chess is characterized by pawns with these dragoon attributes. <p>This is primarily an attempt to give Chess a deeper strategic element, and to continue the historical trend of western Chess's evolution toward faster pieces and play. It can be played on a conventional board, and only one piece is renamed. Rather than radical changes, the modifications are intended as generalizations or simplifications of existing rules, or at least thematically-consistent evolution.
- Browse items that also start with the letter D.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Dr.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Dra.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.