Item Index Information
Chess with Different Armies is a game information page. It is categorized as: Two dimensional, Each player has a different army.
Chess with Different Armies. Betza's classic variant where white and black play with different sets of pieces. (Recognized!)
By Ralph Betza.
Ralph Betza, probably the most prolific and successful chess variant inventor, has long studied the values of chess pieces. Chess with Different Armies represents a 'practical' application of these studies, which has resulted in the creation of 'chess', but not with the usual pieces, and which allows for battles between unequal, but well-balanced teams.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 1979. [1978-1980]. [1974-1984].
- Browse items that also start with the letter C.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ch.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Che.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Chess with Different Armies. A Ralph Betza personal favorite: Features series of armies with approximately the same strength as the FIDE army. (Recognized!) Author: David Howe and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- A Remarkable Rookies Game. A sample game featuring the Remarkable Rookies vs the Fabulous FIDEs. By Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies . Massive version of Chess with Different Armies with index page and many experimental armies. Author: Peter S. Hatch. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies . Play chess but with different types of armies. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies Zillions Saved Game . Download this file to see this game played in the Multivariant Play by E-Mail Tournament. Author: John Lawson and Michael Nelson. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'cwda' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'cwda'