Item Index Information
Chess with Different Armies is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
By Ralph Betza.
Ralph Betza, probably the most prolific and successful chess variant inventor, has long studied the values of chess pieces. Chess with Different Armies represents a 'practical' application of these studies, which has resulted in the creation of 'chess', but not with the usual pieces, and which allows for battles between unequal, but well-balanced teams.
This game is a 2 player game.
Invented in the year 1979. [1978-1980]. [1974-1984].
- Browse items that also start with the letter C.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ch.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Che.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Chess with Different Armies. A Ralph Betza personal favorite: Features series of armies with approximately the same strength as the FIDE army. (Recognized!) Author: David Howe and Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- A Remarkable Rookies Game. A sample game featuring the Remarkable Rookies vs the Fabulous FIDEs. By Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies . Play chess but with different types of armies. Author: Peter Aronson. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies . Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies . Massive version of Chess with Different Armies with index page and many experimental armies. Author: Peter S. Hatch. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Chess with Different Armies Zillions Saved Game . Download this file to see this game played in the Multivariant Play by E-Mail Tournament. Author: John Lawson and Michael Nelson. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'cwda' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'cwda'