Item Index Information
Chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, Two dimensional.
Chess. The rules of chess. (8x8, Cells: 64) (Recognized!)
Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
Chess, as defined by the rules of FIDE, is an excellent game, played now for over half a millenium, which a history that traces back about one and a half millenium ago. As Ralph Betza stated it: It has a nice mixture of possibilities, with interesting endgames, tense maneuvering, and slashing attacks. Opening theory has developed very far, too far for the taste of some. Chess is played by many millions of people, from young to old, on many different levels of competence.
The board used for this game has 8 row(s), 8 column(s), 64 cells/squares.
This game is a 2 player game.
- Browse items that also start with the letter C.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ch.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Che.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Easy Chess. Java applet the plays chess. Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Ed's Chess Applet. Missing description Author: Ed Friedlander.
- Chess. Play Chess with Jocly. Author: Michel Gutierrez and Jérôme Choain.
- Chess. Play Chess online with other people, using Game Courier, a PBM system that works with any web browser on any computer. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Chess Rules for Kids. An illustrated guide to the rules of chess for children. Author: David Howe.
- How to Play Chess: The Rules. YouTube Video on How to Play Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'ChessRules' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'ChessRules'