Item Index Information
Avalanche chess is a game information page. It is categorized as: Orthodox chess, .
This chess variant, invented in 1977 by Ralph Betza, is very popular by many chess variant players. The game bears interesting tactical and strategic possibilities. The game is frequently played in AISE and NOST, mostly by postal play. Both Pritchard and Schmittberger in their chess variant books mention this game as one of the best chess variants.
- Browse items that also start with the letter A.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Av.
- Browse items that also start with the letters Ava.
- Browse similar items.
- Browse items with a similar board.
- Add a comment or rate this item.
- Skip to comments section.
- Avalanche Chess. This game is a Recognized Chess Variant. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Avalanche Chess. Advance the opponent's pawns. Popular variant. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Avalanche Chess 2. As before, except that the red king and queen are switched. Author: Ed Friedlander. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Avalanche Chess. A popular chess variant, where you advance your opponents pawns. (Recognized!) Author: Antoine Fourrière. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
- Avalanche Chess . A popular chess variant, where you advance your opponents pawns. Author: Young-Hyun Joo. Inventor: Ralph Betza.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'Avalanchechess' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
Index Maintenance [links] [associate image] [associate text] [info] [quick edit]
Group ID 'Avalanchechess'