A Chaturanga Problem by Bas de Haas: A Hint and Solution
- Assume that the kings were not in check yet. So, they still have the possibility to make a move like a knight.
- The general moves one square diagonally
- The pawns have no double move
Solution1. K d5! tempo
The king cannot move to c7 or e7, as the white king can move like a knight, and thus checks these two fields.
1. ..., b6 gives 2. K c6 mate
1. ..., e6 gives 2. K e6 mate
White to mate in two moves
After 1. K d5, we have the position:
WWW page created: Oktober 15, 2013.
Written by: Hans Bodlaender.