Diamond Chess has several remarkable qualities:
- No rules are different from standard chess.
- Each player begins with 25 pieces- 12 bishops, 10 rooks, 2 queens, 1 king.
- No pawns or knights are used.
- Development is faster, more dangerous, less tedious than with standard
- The theoretical depth is NOT disappointing.
- The opening setup has perfect, bilateral symmetry.
Game stability and a very small first-move advantage are assured due to:
- An opening setup where no captures are possible upon the first move.
- An opening setup where the kings are very well protected.
Diamond Chess is ready to be played, analyzed, enjoyed against computer and/or
- "Zillions Of Games 1.X" allows the opening setup to be played directly as
- Six standard chess sets are required to physically own a Diamond Chess set
(except the board).
here to download the Zillions of Games implementation of this game.
Written by a reader.
Web page posted by
WWW page created: 21 Sep 2000.
Last modified on: 21 Sep 2000.