Cut Corner ChessCut Corner Chess has several remarkable qualities:
- Draws are nearly impossible.
- Each player begins with 33 pieces- 16 bishops, 12 rooks, 4 queens, 1 frozen king (incapable of movement).
- No pawns or knights are used.
- Development is faster, more dangerous, less tedious than with standard chess.
- The theoretical depth is NOT disappointing.
- The opening setup has perfect, bilateral symmetry.
Game stability and a very small first-move advantage are assured due to:
- An opening setup where no captures are possible upon the first move.
- An opening setup where the frozen kings are very well protected.
Cut Corner Chess is ready to be played, analyzed, enjoyed against computer and/or human opponents.
- "Zillions Of Games 1.X" allows the opening setup to be played directly as a game.
- Eight standard chess sets are required to physically own a Cut Corner Chess set (except the board).
Click here to download the Zillions of Games implementation of this game.
Written by . Web page posted by David Howe.
WWW page created: 3 Jan 2001. Last modified on: 3 Jan 2001.