Promotions & Demotons
Good Work, sir! You were just demoted!
This game accomplishes, imho, a difficult task: create a potential good chess
variant using just a very simple idea.
- The FIDE rules apply except in the following:
- The system of Promotions/Demotions respects the following ordering: P
- On odd turns, the moved (non king) piece is promoted. Queens cannot be promoted, so they
cannot move on odd turns. This rule does not apply to typical FIDE promotions..
- On even turns, the moved (non king) piece is demoted. Pawns cannot be demoted, so they
cannot move on even turns.
- A Bishop or Knight cannot move (and then demote to a Pawn) to the last rank.
- There is no en-passant.
- Castling affects the Rook.
- A stalemated player looses the game.
1. a4=B e5=N
2. Ra3=B B:a3=P
3. N:a3=R Nf6=R
and so on...
r n b q k . . r
p p p p . p p p
.. . . . . r . .
.. . . . n . . .
B . . . . . . .
R . . . . . . .
.. O O O O O O O
.. . B Q K B N R
Written by Joao Pedro Neto. Web page posted by Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: 13 Jul 2000. Last modified on: 13 Jul 2000.