On Chess Variants Pages the interesting Chameleon piece is described. Here all pieces execute a role of a chameleon.
Capture of all opponent's pieces.
as in a orthodox chess.
The game is conducted by rules of orthodox chess with the following changes:
- In each turn the rank of the moved piece changes.
- The change occurs strictly under the order: Pawn - knight - Bishop - Rook - Queen - King -Pawn
- When the capture, rank of a piece does not change.
- Most likely it is necessary to refuse everyone promotion.
- At castling the rook's rank changes.
- In the basic variant the king is not exposed to any change. Further I have mentioned variant in which begin game only one pawns. There there is no royal piece.
- For a choice about changes it is possible to use die. It is similar to game Insane. But here at first roll die, and then choose a piece for movement.
- To begin game it is possible having only pawns on first two ranks.
Written by . Web page posted by David Howe.
WWW page created: 3 Oct 2000. Last modified on: 3 Oct 2000.