External LinkThis is a link to an external site for: Qianhong
This is a freeware Chinese Chess program for Windows by Jeremy Craner. The name means light red, which is in contrast to the name deep blue to underscore how weak it plays. In playing against it, it made some bad moves, and I won easily. But it does provide a great interface for playing Chinese Chess, and it can be plugged into stronger engines, which can be downloaded from the website. The interface offers a selection of both Chinese and western graphics, a choice between a traditional or a landscape board, and the ability to use your own custom graphics. It also includes unlimited undo and redo and your choice between Chinese-style notation and algebraic notation. Overall, this is a great program to get if you are interested in playing Chinese Chess on your computer.
- Chinese Chess. Links and rules for Xiangqi (Chinese Chess). (9x10, Cells: 90) (Recognized!) Author: Hans L. Bodlaender and Fergus Duniho.
- Iconographic Chinese Pieces. Icons of Xiangqi pieces in Western style. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- National Standard Chinese Pieces for Chinese Chess and Variants. Icons for pieces of Xiangqi and variants using the official Red China standard font. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Traditional Chinese Pieces for Chinese Chess and Variants. Icons of pieces for Xiangqi and variants using a Chinese font. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Coffee Chinese Chess. A freeware Java applet for playing Chinese Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Pham Hong Nguyen.
- A Western Xiangqi Board. Proposal to play Xiangqi on a `westernized' board. Author: Köksal Karakus.
- Chinese Chess. Play Xiang Qi, the Chinese form of Chess. (Recognized!) Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Cambaluc Chinese Chess Photos. A commercially produced Chinese Chess set with Staunton pieces. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Handmade Magnetic Chinese Chess Set. Photo's of Xiangqi set made from magnetic chess and checkers sets. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Internationalized Chinese Chess. Photos of a commercial Staunton set for playing Xiangqi, Janggi, and Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho and John Davis.
- Magnetic Xiangqi set. Photo's of a magnetic Chinese chess set. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Xiangqi. Photos of a Chinese Chess set made from poker chips and posterboard tiles. Author: Fergus Duniho.
- Xiangqi set. Photos of a figurine Xiangqi set. Author: Jean-Luc Muraro.
- Xiangqi set: photo's. Photo's of a Xiangqi set, made in China. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Xiangqi. A Xiangqi problem. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender.
- Xiangqi problem. A complicated Xiangqi problem. Author: Hans L. Bodlaender. Inventor: C. K. Lai.
- HiddenLynx. A beautiful, user-friendly, Windows program for Chinese Chess. Author: Fergus Duniho. Inventor: Mikko Oksalahti.
- Uncle Wang Chinese Chess . Link to website of commercial program that plays Xiangqi.
- XieXie . Xiangqi Computer Program XieXieMaster 1.0.10 released! and Eugenio Castillo.
- Chinese Chess. Information on book on Xiangqi. Author: H. T. Lau.
- Chinese Chess Cyber Newsletter. Missing description
- First Syllabus on Xiangqi - Chinese Chess 1. Missing description Author: David Li.
- Xiangqi FAQ. Missing description Author: Stephen Leary.
- Chinese Chess by H. T. Lau. Book on the fundamentals of Chinese Chess. Author: H. T. Lau.
- Chinese Chess for Beginners. Missing description
- Chinese Chess Pack. Contains a detailed play guide and strategic hints and tips for the game. Author: James Palmer.
- First Syllabus on Xiangqi: Chinese Chess 1. Missing description Author: David Li.
- Xiangqi Syllabus on Cannon: Chinese Chess 2. Missing description Author: David Li.
- Chinees Schaak pagina. Nederlandstalige website over Xiangqi (Chinees Schaken) (Dutch Language) Author: Bob Bekker.
- Club Xiangqi. An online club for playing Xiang Qi.
- German Xiangqi Federation . Includes problem solving contest.
- Go-Figure!. Webshop selling sets of Xiangqi (Chinese chess).
- Simply XiangQi. Correspondence Chinese Chess (Xiangqi) website. By Andy .
- World Xiangqi Federation . Missing description
- Xiangqi for Chess Players . Introduction geared toward western chess players. Author: Douglas Crockford.
- Xiangqi . Western Style. Version using Alfaerie graphics. Author: David Howe.
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID = 'xiangqi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)
SELECT * FROM IndexEntry LEFT JOIN Item USING (ItemID) WHERE LinkItemID2 = 'xiangqi' AND IsHidden=0 AND IsDeleted=0 ORDER BY CONCAT(Type,LinkText)