Spatial Chess 14 X 14Spatial Chess 14 X 14 has several remarkable qualities:
- The edges of the board are merely representational! Orthogonal and diagonal movement of a circumnavigational nature is possible since spaces represented on opposite edges are also actually adjacent to one another.
- Draws are rare.
- Each player begins with 42 pieces- 16 bishops, 22 rooks, 4 queens.
- No pawns, knights or king(s) are used.
- Development is faster, more dangerous, less tedious than with standard chess.
- The theoretical depth is NOT disappointing.
- The opening setup has perfect, bilateral symmetry.
Game stability and a very small first-move advantage are assured due to:
- An opening setup where no captures are possible upon the first move.
Spatial Chess 14 X 14 is ready to be played, analyzed, enjoyed against computer and/or human opponents.
- "Zillions Of Games 1.X" allows the opening setup to be played directly as a game.
- Eleven standard chess sets are required to physically own a Spatial Chess 14 X 14 set (except the board).
Click here to download the Zillions of Games implementation of this game.
Written by . Web page posted by Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: November 7, 2000..