Corner Chess 10 x 10
Corner Chess 10 x 10 has several remarkable qualities:
- No rules are different from standard chess.
- Each player begins with 19 pieces- 8 bishops, 8 rooks, 2 queens, 1 king.
- No pawns or knights are used.
- Development is faster, more dangerous, less tedious than with standard chess.
- The theoretical depth is NOT disappointing.
- The opening setup has perfect, bilateral symmetry.
Game stability and a very small first-move advantage are assured due to:
- An opening setup where no captures are possible upon the first move.
- An opening setup where the kings are very well protected.
Corner Chess 10 x 10 is ready to be played, analyzed, enjoyed against computer and/or human opponents.
- "Zillions Of Games 1.X" allows the opening setup to be played directly as a game.
- Four standard chess sets are required to physically own a Corner Chess 10 x 10 set (except the board).
Zillions Saved Game (played thru 32 moves) DSN vs. Computer (9-ply search completion)
White- DSN (stupid human)
Black- Computer (using Zillions 1.11)
Download the saved game "Ivs9-ply.zsg", place it in the main Zillions directory, "open saved game" and replay through the moves. Prerequisite is the game rules file "corner10.zrf" (downloadable below) being in the "rules" directory.
Click here to download the Zillions of Games implementation of this game.
Written by Derek Nalls.
WWW page created: June 14, 2000. Last updated: Sep 22, 2000.