New chess variant ideas (index)[an error occurred while processing this directive] This is an index to ideas on new chess variants. If you have comments, contact the authors or send publishable texts to this website. You can also send your own `new ideas'. Make sure to mark your email to say that it should fit in this section.
- A Chess Like Variant Construction Set. By David Howe.
- Generic Chess Piece Creation System. This is a system for construction of pieces, using ideas from RPG games. By Guilherme S. Töws.
- Mutators. Article written by João Pedro Neto discussing a certain class of rules that create new chess games by applying them to existing chess games.
- Palindromic Chess. A novelty variant in which the ending position is identical to the starting position. By David Howe.
- Chess and Physics. Several variants, inspired by physics. Games of Claude Chaunier and Joao Neto. Description by Joao Neto.
- Quantum Mechanics and Chess. Some ideas and variants related to Quantum Mechanics. By João Pedro Neto and others.
- Skil Chess. Pieces have skills like characters in a role playing game. By Joao Pedro Neto.
- Haynie's Test Games. Four ideas for games with different pieces/setups.
WWW page created: March 29, 1999. Last modified: 12 Sep 2000.