5th European Championship of Hexagonal ChessLászló Gados, Presendent of the Hungarian Hexachess Federation sent the following information on the 5th European Championship of Hexagonal Chess.
- Aim of the tournament: to find the fifth European champion.
- Organizers: Hungarian Hexachess Federation and Mass Sport Association named after Petõfi.
- Time and place of the tournament: 17-23 August, 1998, Boarding-school (Réti u. 1, Tatabánya).
- For more information, contact the Hungarian Hexachess Federation by fax 36-1-403-95-98 or email: (email removed contact us for address) l.elender.hu.
- Tournament system:
- all play with all (11 rounds), 2 rounds on every day
- Time limit: 2 ( 2 hours 15 minutes 2 ( 2 hours for the first 40 moves, 15 minutes undoing until flag drops down. It is mandatory to write down the game, except the last 5 minutes.
- Resolving tie: Berger-Sonneborn.
- Somlai László; Hungary; 4th european champion
- Mackowiak, Marek; Poland; 1st place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Rudolf László; Hungary; 2nd place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Schenkerik Csaba; Hungary; 3rd place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Csupor Péter; Hungary; 4th place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Rozák Bertalan; Hungary; 5th place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Korcsickij, Szergej; Belorussian; 1st place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Bogdanovics, Szergej Belorussian; 2nd place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Bancevics, Szergej Belorussian; 3rd place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Jemeljasin, Jurij; Russian; 4th place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Ivanyuk, Mihail; Ukraina; 5th place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Börcsök László; Hungary; nominated by the country organizing the championship
- Hurtony Szabolcs; Hungary; 6th place Interzonal Tournament, Tatabánya
- Order of games:
- 17 August
- 18.00- arrival, opening ceremony, drawing lots
- 18 August
- 8.00-12.30 1st round
15.30-20.00 2nd round
- 19 August
- 8.00-12.30 3rd round
15.30-20.00 4th round
- 20 August
- 8.00-12.30 5th round
15.30-20.00 6th round
- 21 August
- 8.00-12.30 7th round
15.30-20.00 8th round
- 22 August
- 8.00-12.30 9th round
15.30-20.00 10th round
- 23 August
- 8.00-12.30 11th round
13.30 Announcement of Results
- Prizes 1st place - 80,000 Ft (~364 USD); 2nd place - 60,000 Ft; 3rd place - 40,000 Ft; 4th place - 20,000 Ft.
Baki Istvánné[KZ1] László Gados
Executive Director of the association President of HHCF
Information sent by László Gados. Html-conversion and some editing by Hans Bodlaender.
WWW page created: April 8, 1998.