Berolina Chess with Different ArmiesOf course, you can take any random chess variant and play it with the standard different armies; but Berolina Chess is an especially interesting choice because it raises the question of how much do the values of the pieces depend on the way the Pawns move?
Berolina Pawns move diagonally and capture straight forward, and so for example a Rook cannot sit behind a Pawn and push it in to Queen, and a Bishop cannot be defended by a Pawn that the Bishop in turn defends.
Other Links In these Pages
- Chess with Different Armies
- Chess Variants with Different Armies
- Index to Chess Variants
- Index to Different Augmented Knights
- Index to Games of Different Augmented Knights
- About the Values of Chess Pieces
- Copyright Ralph Betza 1996