The Encyclopedia of Chess Variants (Book Info)Among the books about chess variants, there is one that stands out above the others: Pritchard's The Encyclopedia of Chess Variants. It contains historical information and rules of many, many chess variants. Here is some information on this highly recommended book, with some additional links.
David B. Pritchard
The Encyclopedia of Chess Variants
Games and Puzzles Publications, Surrey, UK, 1994
You can obtain the book from:
GAMES & PUZZLES PUBLICATIONS
GU8 4YP UNITED KINGDOM
- A review of this book by Philip M. Cohen.
- Ordering the book? There are a few on-line bookshops that carry the book. In the UK, you can order it via Amazon.co.uk (the British branch of Amazon.com). You can also directly order the book from Pritchard himself.
- See also the book Popular Chess Variants, by the same author.
- Interview with David Pritchard.
- Advertisement for this book.
Written by Hans L. Bodlaender.
WWW page created: February 19, 2003.